Create 2 pages on your site, one titled Banned and one titled Access Denied and hide the pages from your sites navigation menu.
1. In the Pages panel
2. Click Add (the + icon) where it says NOT LINKED.
3. Create one page and title it Banned and one page titled Access Denied
4. Add a message or content to the pages
Or, with the paid version of the IP Approval system you can redirect them to a different website entirely.
Per-page Code Injection.
You can also inject code into a specific page:
1. Open the page while in the Pages panel
2. Hover over the content area
3. Click Settings
4. In the Page Settings window, click Advanced
6. Click Save
*Code added here is injected into the <head> tag on a single page.
Change your "Built In Domain" to match the custom domain:
***Please take note: If you do not change your "Built In Domain" to match the custom domain, or disable the code injection scripts in the Squarespace editor, our service will automatically redirect you from the Squarespace editor to an "Unauthorized Domain" page.
1. In the Pages panel click Settings
2. Then click Domains
3. Under Built-in Domain, click in the input box to edit your built-in domain
4. Click Rename when finished
Note: You want use YOUR DOMAIN, the same domain that you set as your 'Authorized Domain' in the IP Editor.
For our ip-approval.com domain we would use ip-approval-com and our built in domain would become ip-approval-com.squarespace.com
*Alternately, if you do not want to change your "Built In Domain", you will need to use the Squarespace feature to disable the injected code, while editing your site. In short, you can add /safe to the Squarespace Editor URL then click 'Enter' on the keyboard. Instructions for that can be found here.
Make sure to "Save" your changes, then edit your IP Address Approval settings. When finished, publish your Squarespace website.
To uninstall the IP Address Approval service from your Squarespace site, remove our code then republish your site.